Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Squishy Squishy

It aint my style to type anything personal, or to use proper grammer, or to edit my posts, but Ill try and open up my world to you just a little.

Well If anyone lives on the East Coast around NYC they might have heard /seen the rain last night. I did too. woopie.

Well I decided to get off my lazy tush the other night and go biking. The heat had been sweltering, but the wind was picking up a little so i felt it would be a good ride.

So the sun set, the winds were whipping, I was listening to the Yankees, and rip roaring to ride.

The first rule of anything good is not to jinx it. Never say "Boy what a great day this is". Say "boy what a great day this was", because if you are in the midst of that day, you jinxed it.

Anyways, as I was riding it was really nice and smooth. I decided too take a route that I normally do during the day, because there is less lighting, and I would have to bypass a part of it. But it was so nice out, and this way is so much nicer, I decided to go for it.

Ok.

So far so good.

Well Im riding ladedadodeedoo and i see the most unbelievable flashes of lightning. Really cool. I was right by the water and I saw some great water movement. I heard the wonderful rumble of lightning in the far distance. It was great.

At that point the Yanks just came back to tie the game in semi dramatic fashion and I was pumped.

Then it happened. "Boy this is the bestest ride ever" I thought.

Stupid Celly, Optimism is for kids.

So after they tied it, the yankee guy says thats its raining in the Bronx. Still for some reason, even though I was pretty close to the Bronx at this point, I was convinced that I would be fine. I would make it.

Then he said "wow this is not just rain, this is a monster storm."

Uh Oh.
Stupid Celly
Well I braced myself. I saw the most beautiful and craziest lightning.It illuminated the Bridge and it was a sight to see.

Then out of no where. Crash Boom Bah. No, I didnt fall off my bike and cause a crater, i heard LOUD LOUD crashes of thunder. I jumped out of my skin until i remembered that the angels needed to use the can too. But sheesh.

Ok so then It happened. You can not imagine how big and fat these drops were. They felt like hail. Plip Plap Pliap Plap. I was soaked in 10 seconds.

Oh boy how great.

So then i started singing in the rain. That was dumb. Note to self: when riding in between the raindrops concentrate on keeping control of your bike. Dont sing Mama Rochel off key next time.

Well its coming down now, but nooooooooo, hashem reeeeeeeeally wanted to sprinkle that Bracha (which it is btw I dont want to get hashem angry at me) because between the wind and the rain, the cars were rockin, and the car alarms were going off. I couldnt see. So at that moment I decided to invent windshield wipers for the eyes. Then I wondered why humans havent evolved those. We need them, trust me. I was moving at 2 miles an hour against the wind and the rain.

At this point I thought this is it. Celly is stuck. I would whip out cellys cell and call for help. However it was raining so hard was afaid to take it out of my pocket. Onwards.

Oh and dont ever do this, Im just crazy.

Well of course as i was trudging along I see a cop car in the middle of the road. So i went around it. Note to self: If there is a cop car in the Middle horizontally in the road while there is a storm going in, dont go around it.

Well I kinda saw the yellow tape and all before the cop car, but i did not need a detour. Really. So i inched on. Then behind me I heard the skuaeeeeeeeeeek of those cop car brakes, then woiooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooo. Again my heart palpitated. That was so not cool of them at all. They were laughing at me. I must have looked like a wet paper bag on acid. Anyways I turned around and detoured 11 blocks out of the way.

Now of course this entire time i was listening to WCBS 88 because, like DUUH, the game was suspended for the next two hours. They kept on describing how horrible, and dangerous, and stay inside, etc. Thanks alot morons. Oh and even better "There is a storm warning in the NY area" Its not a storm warning, its a storm happening. Shizzle.

And yes the storm was even WORSE where I was then in Da Bronx.

Then there are the cars. I couldnt ride on the sidewalk, niot that I ever do, but in certain spots you dont have a choice. Well anyways I hear it. Hooooooooooooooooonk
hoooooooooooonk.

Note to self : dont attempt to take left, right, or both hands off the handlebars multiple times to try and give anyone that honks a poor wet boy, the finger. They wont see you anyways.

Well lets just say no one, including the escalade with license plate number a--man (I dont like Seinfeld really but thats a sweeet reference), stopped for me. Nor did they mind splashing me when they passed.

Ok, so how much worse could it get. (Ok thank hashem I was safe bc it really was dangerous)

Well I was going down a hill and my breaks werent working anymore, and my sneaks were slipping off the pedals, but that wasnt so bad.
There were three worse things.

When a person is that wet, and wearing clothes, its very uncomfy. Very. When I stopped the first time, I had to kind of lean back on my heels to make sure that the clothes didnt hang in bad spots. Certain areas cant be too hot and cant be too cold.

Plus my sneaks were soaked. When i stopped it sounded like my toes had gargled salt water then someone squished it out of their cheeks in buckets. I had some fun swirling it around in there.

Next of course is when suddenly it kinda stopped raining. The wind was howling, and i thought that i would be the first person to get hypothermia in 100 degree weather. Yay.(CV)

Well I actually asked hashem to make it start again, because i was so uncomfy.

So it did. Im not exactly Choni Hamagel. but it did.

Lets just say the grass is ALWAYS greener.

Well, ok. I got home. Soaked. I went through the garage into the laundry room.

Perfect. I looked left looked right and saw ok the coast was clear.

It is not easy to peel off wet clothes,(Think of a Rhino with those threed opey toes tring to strip off his clingy sweaty smelly undershirt, that says: " I went bikie riding in the rain and allI got was this lousy T-shirt" I know LOL)

but i figured the laundry are was a good place to start.

Well anyways i was stripped down to soaking wet boxers and i hear vrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Thats right folks. The garage door was opening. I hear mommy, sis, and possibly a B.I.L. So I shout. No BIL no BIL. So mom says "no bIL". And befoe i could run upstairs dripping boxer boy was there in full glory. Not a pretty site. Then they run upstairs as I dump everything in to the wash, and I hear ewwwwwww grossssssss. etc.

Well my shower was pretty quick and my fingers and toes were iddy biddy raisenets. Yippee.

33 Comments:

Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1,322 words

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you can swim with a bike... cool talent to add to the resume

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger kasamba said...

glad you made it home safe but soaked but who is BIL?

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discovered that the only way to survive and enjoy those flash floods is to strip into ur boxers at the first sound of thunder and just take ur time walking/singing/dancing/biking in the rain. its exhilarating. really.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm singin' in the rain
just singin' in the rain
what a glorious feelin'
i'm happy again
i'm laughing at clouds
so dark up above
the sun's in my heart
& i'm ready for love
let the stormy clouds chase
everyone from the place
come on with the rain
i've a smile on my face
i walk down the lane
with a happy refrain
just singin'
singin' in the rain

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

You are a great story teller.
Very entertaining! Thanks for the good read
I got to hear the thunder and see the lightning without actually hearing and seeing it-- thanks

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger Lost said...

Note to CD, they actually have gloves w/ little horizontal strips that can be used as windshield wipers for skiing masks.

Not sure how that could've helped you in your situation, but still interesting piece of trivia.

Great storytelling skills!

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger bellanny said...

Great storytelling. I was listening to the game last night too, but when the rain started I was nice and dry in my car cheering on the tie. I'm sure when you look back on it, it was actaully kinda fun or even a lot of fun. Definitely something you'll remember for a long time. The exhilirating Yankee win, on a walkoff homer by Cabrera, must have been a great nightcap.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger TeePill said...

I've seen that strip dwon to boxers look and its not a pretty sight. But in wet? UGH!and for the record you went wrong when you didnt turn around wen the lighting started flashing and the air was cooler. You brought this on yourself dude.

Wednesday, 19 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

mommy: Well to get a Moral you have to read it

mommy: Moral is "Never drop cell phone in toilet."

mommy: You are a comment hog but i love it

angelic: That got a little chuckle I must admit

angelic: Its actually required of head lifeguards so Im well trained for that.

Kasamba: Well thanks for the well wishes, and Im happy to report that i went again the next day and the bike held up. (Thank the good lord)

D00deL: If I did that its one less layer of protection if I slipped. Though it sounds great from your dry room. Plus these boxers were a little loose, so if they got too wet...

HisB: I got knocked down then I got up again aint never gonna keep me down..
(That will be in your head all day w00t!)

Bon Bon: Thanks for the compliment, keep em comin (;. Im glad I could illuminate your life for a moment. (so corny)

Lost: Last time I went skiing, I almost broke this old womans back. It was her faualt but I had the upper edge. If I had anything more sticking out of anywhere i would have stuck something where the DSw lights dont shine.

Libby: Well in the curs-ed state it rains alot worse. Over there it might be acid rain... be careful.

Bellany: I missed it! I went to take f something and I missed it. Plus it wouldnt have been a tie as they didnt finish the entire inning. I think Seattle would have won. They just disreagard the innings till someone wins I think.

Towlie: No youre a towel.
Plus you never saw anything. Plus you should have come. Scaaaaardy Cat.

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg that will be in my head for a week. gee thanx

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

Hisb: Doooooooooooony boooooooooooyyyyyy

I get knoched down then i get up again (just in case)

mother hen: thats so nice. Dont worry there was more, but e/t has to end some time.

BIl = bro in law

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. Just when I finally got it out of my head to make room for "if all the raindrops..."
Between these 2 songs, my head is spinning today.

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

if all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops oh what a rain that would beeeeeeeeeeee. standing outside with my mouth open wide.

ahahahahahahahah

all from memory by the way. *bows*

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the second part:
if all the snowflakes were candy bars and milk shakes, oh what a snow that would be. standing outside with my mouth open wide,

ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

No, youre a towel.

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, 20 July, 2006  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, 21 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

Libby: I do love pollution, and confusing highway signs, and bad food, and wawa and flooding, and interesting governers, etc (;

mommy: haha, you know it, stealin my line.

Friday, 21 July, 2006  
Blogger TeePill said...

i think it's time for you to trim your chest hair.

Friday, 21 July, 2006  
Blogger TeePill said...

no your a towel

Friday, 21 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coolness! You rock! Take care of yourself better next time, the lightening could have....

Sunday, 23 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coolness! You rock! Take care of yourself better next time, the lightening could have....

Sunday, 23 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops sorry.

Sunday, 23 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up with all the deleted posts? CD, you censoring us now?

Monday, 24 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

Nah one of my posters didnt want to be linked anymore. I wouldnt do that.

Monday, 24 July, 2006  
Blogger Jill said...

Cellar and HisB-Stop singing those songs. I'm going to fall asleep with each song in my head running together. Thanks much.

Sorry about your wet day Cellar, but I have to say, it was funny. Hehe.

Monday, 24 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

why thank you. i would add you when i re figure out how.
Thats alot of pressure dude. If i posted all real life u would never leave this place.

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  
Blogger rbtzn said...

it's not your misery i'm laughing at, it's the way you phrase it all :)

Monday, 07 August, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

why thank u.

Thursday, 17 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counters
Colombia House