Monday, June 26, 2006

Girls never catch on, do they?

(Sorry about the bad and not really entertaining post but I felt i should give u guys something. Im swamped with work. again.)

There are many annoying things about girls who follow sports.

(Ok some girls really know about sports, but they are broadcasters)

1. Most girls arent following the sport they are watching, they are following the tushies. Im serious. The uniforms are really tight and there are constant close ups of these guys. If you listen closely, after a great play you will hear "boy thats a great tush. er i mean .. catch!" Those tight uniforms were a ploy to get more women watching the sport. Little did they know that men would stop watching because
a) they are not interested in seeing every hair and line in David Ortiz's tush
b) They wanted to get "away" while watching the game. Burping with your wife doesnt seem to cut it.
(yes Im aware of the tush patting thing, Ill try and explain that one away when im feeling witty).

2. Girls become overly obsessed with things. Of course you are thinking "Celly those big fatso's that paint their faces green are crazy and obsessed, lol!" I have news for you. Those poeple care at the ballpark, get their attention, then they go back to getting mentally abused by their bosses, children and wives. Then they go eat. Alot.

Girls however are really obsessed. They quickly discard the Garfield posters, barbie dolls, and chad Michael Murray posters, and then proceed to paint huge interlocking NY's on their ceilings and put up posters of their hottests, i mean favorite ballplayers.

Part 2: How to get girls to watch games when they really dont want too.

1. The superbowl. The biggest myth of the superbowl is that the commercials are good. Ahahahahahahahaha. Its clear to me that my great great grandfather was sitting around a table with his buddies (ok not mine but you know what i mean) and was desperate to come up with ways to watch the superbowl.

They all decided to leak to Oprah's great grandmother that women were missing out on great superbowl commercials. Then every woman "demanded" that they watch the superbowl every year. Genius.

Oprah is a magic woman or shamen that has a grip on every woman in the United States. I dont get it.

Of course generations later the men came to believe it too, and the advertisers felt they should try and be funny, and then the networks charged a ton of money for the spots. Yes the beer commercials are good, and the car commercials are usually stupid. We know. Stop yammering.

2. "There are only 2 minutes left". That my friends is one that you must use sparingly.

Scenario: Wife: Hey there Chuck(norris) you have been watching this historic NBA finals game for 2 hours now, I want to watch "Powder" its on ABC.

Chuck: Um ok honey , listen there are only 4 and a half minutes left to the game.

4.5 minutes later.

Wife: Hey chuck time to leave. The girls are here with their poodles.

Choked: Umm listen there are 4 minutes left. Soon. Only four minutes.

Wifey: $#*& you liar you said there were only 4.5 minuts left 5 minuts ago.
Chuck: There are i promise. *looks deep into her eyes* Would i lie to you?
Wife" throws the Mug that has the liquid in the lining that u freeze at his noggin:
"Yes! When you told me this ring Im wearing was diamond, not out of a crackerjack box!"

Chuck: Oh you know about that.

Wife: Thonk.

All men who follow sports know that between 1) Time outs
2) TV time outs(comercials
3) Two minute warnings
4) Distubances (Like streakers and stuff)

Four minutes at the end of a game can last an hour. Teehee. But it works once every couple of years, and only one per girlfreind/wife/mother/sister. (my sis it took some more time for her to catch on, but it was different sports.)

16 Comments:

Blogger Rivky said...

I am a girl. I do not watch the guys tushes. I'm acutally not interested in guys tushes. I watch for their sholders and chests. (yes that is the only reason I watch football and the reason that I don't watch baseball. and I root for the team with the better looking guys (unless the ravens are playing. its a loyalty thing).

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

Did you like Big tony siragusa?

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know a thing about sports. Don't even care. I think those tushies look terrible in ugly tight white pants streaked with grass stains.
But you're right about one thing - Chuck definitely deserves that mug hurled at him with intense force.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Blogger bellanny said...

Just found your blog and I started laughing when I saw the topic of your post. You see I am one of the few female sports fans, but we are out there. I didn't become a sports fan until 15 and now it is the career I am currently pursuing hard to do with a Poli Sci degree). And no I am not a broadcaster, yet. I do not even have a TV (sore topic) so I listen to every game. And unfortunately, you can't see throught the radio. And although tight uniforms might be nice I really miss not being able to see the pitches, hits, and great defensive plays (and in hockey it really stinks to not be able to watch the games, passing, and goals).

I am obsessed, but it's not just the push of a button when others are watching. I really follow: listen to the games, read the sports section, listen to sports talk radio, write sports articles, blog it... When I do go to games (I keep my shirt on ;-)) I am usually very loud. I love to argue stats and debate sports. For my art classes my only subject matter was sports, mostly baseball. So in my room I don't put up posters, but my framed prints of baseball. I love being a sports fan.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

HisB: Chuck Norris does not apreciate the lack of support. He will go texas on you. (;

Belly: Wow. Like i said the female sports fans are all broadcasters in the end. (there is a pun in there but its not nice)

And good for you. I did poly sci, but sportscasting is a very tough business. Susan Waldmen has been doing it for years, and I think she is great, but it took a while for me to respect her as a broadcaster. (It could be that boston accent.)

If you are a Hockey fan too u are probabley hardcore. Im sure you know loads more then me.

I am one of those that trys to be lesss obbsessed. But its hard.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Blogger bellanny said...

yea just got it. wasn't paying attention. Listening to Susan right now. Many people found it hard to respect her at first. All change is hard, but she knows her stuff inside out. My Mom (she only listens when I turn it on in the car) hates her voice.

Definitely hardcore. My Dad regrets the day he ever took me to a game. They have tried so hard to tear me away, but it has not worked much to their dismay :-). Yes, it is really hard to cool the obsession. My year in Israel did nothing to cool it because when I got back I was just as hardcore as ever.

Great to finaly run into a Yankee fan in blogworld.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate cowboys.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, 26 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No comment.

Tuesday, 27 June, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

Bellany: Its that Boston accent

HisB: The cowboys stink. I agree.

sw/fm: It was a stinky post i agree

comment deleted: thats a cool way of saying u hate my blog!

Limey: Soccer fans are nuts. Is that what u mean? (like ull ever come back to answer this)

henny: You are holier then the rest of us. what can I say?

Angelic: You seem angry. But that no comment was a comment and I love that.

Wednesday, 28 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subpar
~MV

Wednesday, 28 June, 2006  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, 28 June, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

I missed out man Im sorry. But hey I love it.

As for world cup soccer, a guy I work with was in Berlin the past few weeks. He said it was insane.

(And no offense, but Im not a big fan of the british girls (;

Friday, 07 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

yes you do. Though the Aussies have a leg up.

Monday, 10 July, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

I forgot about that. Side note: I saw a bunch of girls watching soccer. They are insane.

Monday, 10 July, 2006  
Blogger renaissanceman said...

I want to watch "Powder" on ABC.,
Impossible. The NBA finals were on ABC.
(sorry to nitpick.)

Friday, 14 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counters
Colombia House