Monday, June 12, 2006

Thanks for the convenience

You know how things are done for public convenience? Thats right. Like EZ pass. Or metrocards. Or a chip that can be placed in little kids kidneys so they wont get lost. Or the little hotel room cards we use now instead of keys. Well just an FYI, these are all part of the way that Big Brother can also conveniently moniter use so we can be "safe".

Thats not really my beef. I just hate it when things are marketed as being convienent for us when they really arent. I mean c'mon guys dont insult our intelligence.

The new 1 liter bottles of coke were through me for a loop. I still remember the first time I saw them. I was shopping for shabbos, and I know exactly how many bottles we need. Exactly. I need ma so-da. Yet i go to the aisle, and there are the 1 liter bottles.
2 for 2 dollars!!!! Procalimed the sign. Thats the first problem, cause the store I shop at sold coke for 1.07 a bottle. A BOTTLE OF 2 LITERS, MORONS!
But the first reaction is yaaaaaay I save 14 cents! Then your brain kicks in and says, "something is off dude." Oh crap. It looks like I'll have to buy double the bottles now for shabbos.

But wait, I thought that coke came up with an ingenious way to sell us less soda for more money, but noooo they actually just care about the consumer. The consumer for the last 40 years had a really hard time pouring. I mean its really hard to do. The baby boomers are getting older and the arthritis is kicking in.

P-ulease, anyone over the age of 10 can pour, or at least figured out that gosh golly they have 2 hands. Thats right 2 for the price of 1. "But celly sometimes if you dont hold the cup it spills!"

Oh ok good point. Use a glass cup, like you have been doing for the last 10 years or ask someone else to pour for you. I seriously dont care that you cant pour. Ill concede that the 3 liter bottles are a little crazy to hold, but who wants 2 liters of dead soda anyways?

Of course the Jewish companies now have a long a narrow container thats "easy to hold". Thanks guys. Now Ill have to a) get another job so all my kids can have a glass of juice in the morning, or b) I can teach my 2 year old kid how to pour his juice all over the floor, I mean its so convenient even HE can grab it. Vey convenient. Try and block out the fact that the very same companies that make the OJ containers have handles on their milk containers. Amazing.

One last problem with those stupid one liters are that they are too small for a full blown out meal, yet too big to drink while waiting for the train. What would that commercial look like. A guy in his crisp white shirt grabs his grabbable 1 liter and take a huge swing. The next scence shows him with paper towels with a bottle of selzter cleaning off his shirt because it all came out to fast. Thanks again for the convenience guys.

(Do not get me started on those 4 ounce "botties" of water. Do YOU find 4 ounces enough to quench YOUR thirst?)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the 1 L bottles are so much more "convenient". It's totally worth the money, right?
Wrong! I try telling my mom this, but that 2 for 2 bucks trick works on her every time.
And she'd rather pay more for 3 one liters than 1 three liter.
You see, those people can get away with what they do because there's enough people like my mom in this world.
And I like those 8 oz bottles! I maybe go through one a day.
And the ones with flourine added are funny. Of course you have to pay more for them, right?

Monday, 12 June, 2006  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, 12 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[it took me a few days (i had to read it in small sections, see) but i finally got through the whole thing.. ]

i don't care what it comes in or what the bottle looks like... gimme my coke. and make sure it's cold. with an umbrella.

Tuesday, 13 June, 2006  
Blogger Rivky said...

I don't like soda, but when I pour anything, I grab it by the nexk with one hand at the edge of the table, hold my cup off the table and pour. no spills ever cause everything is secure. don't get why everyone doesn't por this way.
4 oz water isn't good for the gym or anything, but when you want a quick drink and there is no big bottle of water (or no cups) its perfect. or in middle of the night and you don't feel like going to the fridge. or a big one and a little one for the gym

Tuesday, 13 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trixies - I pour my drinks the same way. You have no idea how much I get made fun of for this. I just laugh and make fun of them when they spill trying to hold the bottle the "grown-up" way. Puuulleeezzz... Everyone knows that the best way to do things is how your mommy showed you to do it when you were wittle.

Tuesday, 13 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hysterical!

Just happened upon your blog, and I think I like it! :)

Wednesday, 14 June, 2006  
Blogger Rivky said...

check out sw's comment on doodle's blog for an ego boost.

Thursday, 15 June, 2006  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

hissB: Your mom is one of many

Libby: I always have something to do. when i have finals I do not have time for the net. woooosh.

f5: Thanks for comin' would love to read your blog too.

trix: Im honored

SW: a 94 gets an A in my college.

Thursday, 15 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counters
Colombia House